Monday, December 30, 2013

Week 16: Moving...Moving words & Moving Snow!

YOOOOOOOOO! :)

I am pretty stoked I am pretty stokeddddddddddddd.

ANYWAY, WHATS UP FRIENDS? :)

This week was awesomeeeee :) It was so good to see my family again. I missed them a lot. It was so good to see Austin Ethan and Travis and especially mom and dad. Christmas time on a mission makes you appreciate a lot of things. But yeah so this week was pretty good :)

We had two people come to church yesterday that aren't members. We sat with them and we probably we will meet with them again so we are I believe teaching some people now. That’s always good!

This week we did a lot of contacting. Trying to talk to people on the street is fun, I think now. It is not so scary at all, as long as you are doing your best. I got a whole bunch of Christmas cards and I am going to be sending some very belated Christmas cards back :)  yeah I am so excited for this week. I get to play basketball again today :)

And we are moving out of our member’s home soon, we will be staying with to a different home. So yeah :( I am going to miss Thor, Daisy and Max, their dogs. Ha ha ya. I am going to miss living with the cops.  But now we are on to a new adventure. :)

So yeah that was basically all that happened this week. Nothing really too exciting but I learned a little more about God this week! 

God gives battles to only his strongest warriors. God doesn't give us things that we can’t handle. I am sure you have heard of those things but I believe it is missing something. This is what I came up with from reading 1 Nephi 1:1. Maybe he gives us trials so we can come closer to him. "God only gives us trials that we can overcome, not just by ourselves but with Him." God knows the answer and solution to your problem and trial. He knows what you are going through. Why don't we ask him "what do you want me to do?" instead of asking why is this happening. Elder Holland said that in times of trouble we may be closer to God than we think. I firmly believe that.

I learned how important families are as well this week. I learned that families are truly ordained of god and I learned that the Kids need the parents and the parents need the kids. They just really help out each other in this life and it is amazing to see families here and how they are important to Gods plan.


Elder Anani and I shoveled some driveways and it went really well. We were about done and then they saw us out side and then as we were walking back to our house they come out side and say wow thank you! and It was just awesome. it made my day! You feel like the 2 Nephites ;) or just like superheroes walking away (jk there’s three) I love saying that those. Service is the gospel in action :) It is so amazing to do service! So I am super happy and can't wait for this week :) I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year :)

Love,
Elder Harrington

No comments :

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Companions, Elder Smith Sep 2013 - Dec 2013 Elder Anani Dec 2013 - Jan 2013 Elder Farr Jan 2013 -