Monday, December 23, 2013

Week 15- FA'AMALOSI!! Don't Judge by Hair or Helmet Color, Christmas is in His Presence.

HEY GUYS ITS CHRISTMAS TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :)

It’s such a wonderful and exciting time of the year :)  It’s starting to snow really lightly here in Parker which I am super excited for! There is not too much snow, but enough to make Christmas awesome :)

So this week was really good. Me and Elder Anani are having a fun time together. He likes to quote from Water Boy a lot and he loves to do just funny things. He is a funny guy. He is a very typical Samoan. Very much into spam, corn beef and roast pig. I guess that’s what happens when you are straight from the islands! FA'AMALOSI (that means be strong!)  So we have been going out to work!!  We have been talking to everyone which is just what I need to do. I think if you knock down talking to everyone you will be a very great missionary. Ha ha  It’s fun to talk to everyone too. Never know what’s going to happen.

I had a cool experience though this week; we were riding our bikes and there was this girl who had pink hair and she was riding her bike, she was ~17. So she was riding pretty slow so I just went past her but Elder Anani started talking to her and then I turned around and started talking to her and then she was really open and nice to talk to us. I wear ski goggles and a ski mask and a beanie then a helmet because we bike in the snow and rain. So my face can get frozen off if I am not wearing that stuff... So I said, “hey sorry If I looked kind of scary.” and then she said to me really sweetly, "don't judge a book by its cover".  I don’t think she really knew what she was saying to me...  I am like, wow that is powerful. I should have never went past her. So from that experience I am now trying to talk to everyone even more!!

It is so cool to be on a mission when you are working hard. I think a mission is like anything you want to be good at it. You got to put in work. You get what you put in and the Lord puts people in your path. So what if you get denied! Christ did and you are doing the best you can. That is how you be a successful missionary. You do everything in your control. SO I am really excited and happy right now and things are going good. Not perfect but that is a journey that is well worth going for.

I love Christmas time!! LUKE CHAPTER 2 is awesome :) Behold I bring you good tidings of great joy!!! :) It makes me so happy to hear those words!! Christmas time on a mission is so nice because you really understand what Christmas is about. It is about Christ’s gift, and it is about his birth and giving. My mom said an amazing quote to me the other day. She said that "Christmas is not in the presents but in His presence." I can't tell you how much I love it and I love you guys for all your support. Thank you soo much for your prayers and love :) I love you guys and I hope you have an amazing and Merry Christmas!! :) :D 

-- 
Love,


Elder Garrett Steven Harrington

No comments :

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Companions, Elder Smith Sep 2013 - Dec 2013 Elder Anani Dec 2013 - Jan 2013 Elder Farr Jan 2013 -