Thursday, October 10, 2013

CO is like AV, except for snow... Super General Conference Sunday!

HI EVERYONE!:))) 
So good to hear from you all. I got my address now so that you can all write me! I would love letters! And I will write back asap :) That’s a promise! Soo this is my first week in the field! It is so cool! I love it already :) Colorado is soo much like home. The members are awesome. But there’s not as many people here which is pretty good. California is sooooo crowded. I am soo in the country now. Green fields and just houses very spaced out. It’s awesome!:) I am so happy to be here. I am in a very active place of Colorado for the church. So my focus is trying to get the less active back to church and find some new people that want to know about the church. 
We have three investigators. One already has already said yes to baptism. Her name is Alex and we’re trying to set up a date for her to be baptized. Then we have Chuck and Ginger. Chuck and Ginger are farmers! They have a huge ranch here and livestock, and its super awesome. We get to work on it every now and then. Develop a little cowboy in me. :) 
Hahaha. EVERYONE MAKES FUN OF ME BECAUSE I’M FROM CALIFORNIA!!! They think I am some spoiled little OC boy..  hahaha ahh its fun:) I love the members, they are great! I am on a bike, and my pants have gotten caught twice in the gear and I have little rips in the bottom of my slacks!!!  You got to tuck them into your socks so they don't catch. Haha I forget each time and it happens. This place is a lot like Aliso Viejo though. Very hilly, not very many people though. I knocked on my first door this week. It was great! I said, “Hi, We’re missionaries and he said, not interested.”  I thought it was going to be way worse but it felt awesome hahaha. My zone is pretty sweet. Such happy missionaries serving the Lord and we all get along very well. Each day is getting funnier and funnier with my companion. IT SNOWED HERE!!! WE HAD TO BIKE IN THE SNOW!! Haha it kept pelting my face when we were going down the hill and so yeah… I need ski goggles. That'd be legit. A guy in my zone looks like Mr. Incredible from The Incredibles. No joke. I'll send you a picture next week. 

So General Conference was super amazing and I loved every moment of it. I am so glad to be a part of that. I love President Monson. He is so great. We got to go to the chapel Saturday and watch it with the all the other missionaries and the spirit was there so strong. It was like Super Bowl Sunday but for missionaries, so it was like Super General Conference. If something said was so awesome we would all go "yaaa!!" very quietly though... I loved conference. We got super stoked for missionary work. I can't tell you how great it is to be here and that this is only my first week! I am loving it. When I got here I had a flat tire on my bike and then I just got one again last night so we had to walk our bikes home. It felt so weird. Well it’s time to work hard. I really can't wait to hear from you all again.

My most favorite part of conference though was the quote that President Monson gave at Priesthood session about the Savior.
"There's one teacher, whose life... foreshadows all others.
He taught of life and death, of duty, and destiny,
He lived not to be served, but to serve, not to receive but to give.
Not to save His life, but to sacrifice it for others, He described a love more beautiful than lust.
Of poverty, richer than treasure of this teacher.
He taught with authority, His laws were not inscribed upon stone, but upon human hearts.
He went about doing good."

I loved that so much as a representative of Jesus Christ, that’s what I need to do. It’s going to motivate me more than anything. I just knew it, as soon as I heard it. I love this work.

Love you all soo much (: 

Elder Garrett Steven Harrington

No comments :

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Companions, Elder Smith Sep 2013 - Dec 2013 Elder Anani Dec 2013 - Jan 2013 Elder Farr Jan 2013 -