Friday, February 21, 2014

Week 23: Zone Conference of Heavenly Father's Love

It’s getting to that point where you are just like whoa what week is this? So if you want to remind me what week it is that would be awesome! :) haha but GUESS WHAT!

THIS WEEK WAS AWESOME! No baptisms, no new investigators, but just a really cool spiritual experience about God being a loving Heavenly Father.

That's what really made this week awesome because I felt God's love a lot this week. And it was amazing. We had a zone conference with a whole bunch of other missionaries around my area. Probably about 60 missionaries gathered together and usually we just talk about how we can become better teachers.  And that is good to review, but it was the best to just sit down and talk about how God is a loving Heavenly Father with all 60 missionaries, and why this message is so important.
Zone Conference - Arapahoe District
I just loved that day. The spirit was so, so strong and it just felt amazing. I loved it so much because everything makes sense.  God is a loving Heavenly Father.  He has a body just like us, and we were made in his image.  But, he has a heavenly body, while we have an earthly body.  He loves us so much that he has given us this earthly life or earthly experience, so that we can grow and become like Him.  He loves us so much; He gave us a way to succeed in this earthly life called the gospel of Jesus Christ that brings peace, hope, happiness, love, and comfort into our life. He loves us so much that He has given us a way that we can communicate with him called prayer; and answers them.  And has given His only son to us, to you, a Savior, to know what we are going through in this life, and to help us to be forgiven of any mistakes we have made.  He loves us so much that He has a plan for us in this life that can give us a whole new meaning to our life.  And that we have a purpose for living and we can live with him forever and also with our family.  Forever.
How great is God! How great is my calling! How great is this work!  This is what I go out and teach every day to people that don't know this or have felt it yet. That God is our loving Heavenly Father. He knows us and He loves us individually and perfectly.  How great is this message. I can't tell you how great it is to feel this feeling of God's love as well.  I can't tell you how much I enjoy this.

I looooooved that zone conference!  It was just perfect on every level. I have come to realize that the will of God is the love of God as well. Because this will of God is always what’s best for you, and what you need!  Not what you want. I have come to also realize that sometimes what we want is just going to bring us pleasure and not that true happiness that we thought it would bring.  Pleasure only lasts for a moment.  Happiness can last longer than a moment.  And when you are aligned with Gods will you will feel God's love which will make you happier than anything you ever wanted. So this is what it comes down to the most.  What do you want? Your pleasure, or to feel God's love?
I know that God is a loving Heavenly Father and that He knows me.  Because I have experienced the will of God and it is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Who knew that this is what brings me more happiness than going and playing professional basketball or just doing whatever I wanted to do?  All I know is that I am the most happiest when I am doing what the Lord wants me to do.

So, that is my weekly update for you and I love you all and He loves you :) Have a great day

-- 
Love,


Elder Garrett Steven Harrington

No comments :

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Companions, Elder Smith Sep 2013 - Dec 2013 Elder Anani Dec 2013 - Jan 2013 Elder Farr Jan 2013 -