Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Week 19: New Area, New Contacts, & Old Friend Elder Ruiz!

So, I am in a new area if you haven't heard. I am in a great area! It’s awesome here. This week was great, besides that I got sick and my camera broke so I had to buy a new one.  I hit my leg with a stone axe really hard so that will leave a mark… We were chopping up some wood for this ladies fireplace and she is now an investigator! :)  It was awesome! :) I got some videos of me and Elder Farr splitting some wood in one hit! Ha ha it was great. Don't get to do that in California (gas fireplace at home..). Felt like a man!!

Anyway, this week is great because WE HAVE 7 INVESTIGATORS RIGHT NOW AND 2 PEOPLE THAT WANT TO GET BAPTIZED! IT’S SO COOL! You have no idea what I am feeling. It’s awesome to see that they understand what they are feeling from this whole experience of coming unto Christ! One of the people that want to get baptized is named Savannah, and she’s 15. Her friends are all Mormon and invited her to some activities. She has also gone to church and just loves the whole experience. I got to ask her why she wants to be baptized, and she said it just feels right and I have been thinking about it for a long time.  I was just like WHOA! That is so crazy!  She was just smiling and super happy. It was great to see! She is on schedule to be baptized Feb 15th :)

Then we have a guy named Raul. He wants to get baptized as well but he doesn't really know when. He’s gone to church. He owns his own martial arts gym. It’s so awesome! Hopefully he can teach me a few things and we can teach him a few things as well. It’s just really good to be here where some work is happening and you feel like you deserve to be here. Members are giving us some work to do as well!

Also… You will never believe this but we got the opportunity to go to the temple this week. I was just waiting at the temple and ELDER RUIZ COMES BEHIND ME AND GRIPS MY SHOULDER! When I see him, I am just so relieved to see him. I got to give him a hug and it just felt like you were reunited with your brother again; and I was. I was so happy and it just felt perfect. I got some pictures with him but forgot my camera so next week. I will send you all some photos of us. :)

Me and Elder Farr are really into chess now. We play a game every night before bed. Ha ha it’s a very humbling experience sometimes :) I think it’s good. Teaching me a lot of patience and that it’s just a game ha ha ha. So yeah, it’s been a lot of fun here in Arapahoe.

I LOVE YOU ALL :) Everything is good with me and I hope everything is great with you! :) Let me know if I can do anything for you guys. I love this ward. There are a lot of people that I have felt like I have known before, it is awesome. I even met a guy that told me; golf is a celestial sport and that basketball is a terrestrial sport... Got a little bitter about that one… ha ha just kidding.  :) Y'all ROCK!

-- 
Love,

Elder Garrett Steven Harrington

No comments :

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Companions, Elder Smith Sep 2013 - Dec 2013 Elder Anani Dec 2013 - Jan 2013 Elder Farr Jan 2013 -